Mission groups are at the heart of our life together. Seekers believes that mission groups help us deepen our faith in God by cultivating prayerful reflection and intentional action through working together with a few others who share a common commitment to a particular mission. Our mission groups sustain and organize our ministries in the world, support the spiritual growth of their members, and sustain the life of this church.
A mission group is a place where you can join with others who share a call to a particular kind of transforming work in the world. A mission group is a place of safety in which you can share your inner journey, find forgiveness and understanding, ask and answer hard questions, and discern ever more clearly the ways in which God is calling you to embody Christ in your daily life. A mission group is a place where both your journey inward to knowing God and your journey outward to service can be held together in loving community.
Mission groups are part of our heritage from Church of the Saviour, and in some ways seek to emulate groups that supported Jesus’ earthly ministry and the early church. Read more about how mission groups form and nourish our life together in Seekers Church at What Is a Seekers Mission Group?
The Call of the Group
Like Seekers Church as a whole, each mission group has a written call which describes the purpose or mission of the group and serves as the framework for group and individual activities. These activities might center on Seekers’ community life or the wider world.
Click on any mission group below to read about its call and purpose:
- Celebration Circle nourishes the worship life of Seekers Church.
- Earth & Spirit supports deeper connections with God’s creation in nature.
- Eyes to See, Ears to Hear, Peace Prayer Group prays for peace and brings difficult topics to Seekers.
- Learners & Teachers coordinates the School for Christian Growth classes.
- Living Water tends the inner life of Seekers with silent retreats, classes, and workshops.
- Mission Support Group supports each other’s call and the call of Seekers’ members.
- Outreach Mission Group invites others yearning for a community of faith and fellowship into Seekers.
- Time & Space takes care of Seekers’ building and guests interested in using space.